Showcasing highly innovative design and technology, the precinct will be a significant contribution to Melbourne’s iconic urban landscape. The history of the former site of the Royal Women’s Hospital will be preserved and integrated into the new design through the re-use of heritage materials.
A Purpose-Built Facility
No element has been overlooked in providing every resource needed to fluidly collaborate. A digital ecosystem threads together one of Melbourne’s most sustainable buildings, while connected and intuitive workspaces boost productivity.
Places for Different Work Needs
Places need to fit how people work, not the other way around:
- Large floor plates designed to encourage interaction between the University of Melbourne and industry partners
- PCA-A grade
- Parametrically designed façade system optimises performance and daylight access
- Contemporary ceiling-free design
- Adaptability provided by 130mm access floors
- Precinct-wide base building Information and Communications (ICT) infrastructure including Wi-Fi