Melbourne Centre for Data Science
MCDS aims to forge a vibrant, research rich and engaging interdisciplinary environment to lead advances in data science for the benefit of society.
Melbourne Centre for Data Science is built out of a joint collaboration between Statistics and Computer Science with priorities to:
- Connect the data rich ecosystem at the University to enhance distinguished research
- Enable vital fundamental research and deeper exploration into methodological foundations of data science
- Collaborate across academia, the private and public sectors, research centres, centres of excellence and research groups to drive innovation
- Assemble interdisciplinary teams of data science experts and domain experts to tackle long-term and/or large-scale projects
- Employ data science methods to aid circular discovery and further learned enquiry
- Inject data science expertise into real-world problems to provide cutting edge solutions
- Fortify research and educational training in data science for students, postdocs, academics and professionals
- Progress research outcomes, translation and impact by unblocking impediments by addressing methodological constraints
- Advise on, promote and observe strong data governance policies and practices
Learn more about MCDS via their website.