Entrepreneurship / Innovation
TRAM Track Presentation Day
Join us for our upcoming TRAM Track Presentation Day
We invite you to join us for our upcoming TRAM Track Presentation Day, celebrating the efforts of this semester’s TRAM Track cohort and their dedication to transforming both their research and their thinking.
Presentation Day will see the nine teams that have participated in TRAM Track in first semester 2020 share their research entrepreneurship journeys to date, and their path forward.
Join us to hear from this sensational cohort on their insights and journeys toward turning their research projects into viable businesses.
Meet the teams:
- Next Level Social Skills: A program that uses video games and video coaching to develop social skills of children with autism, ADHD and histories of trauma (Melbourne Graduate School of Education).
- Improving Food in Aged Care: Online nutrition training program for aged care food service staff (Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences).
- Tissue Slicer: An automated machine that processes sliced tissue for immunochemistry labs (Florey Institute).
- Biphasic Biomass Fractionation: Low energy, low waste commercial recovery methods for useful components of microalgae (Faculty of Science, Melbourne School of Engineering).
- Oscen Research: A new type of reinforcement learning algorithm for supply chain management (Faculty of Science).
- Neptune Energy: New technology for energy storage in the electricity grid that can be adapted to a pumped hydro energy storage facility (Melbourne School of Engineering).
- VR Prosthesis: A VR platform that measures prosthesis use and capabilities that engages patients in training and assessment (Melbourne School of Engineering).
- Biocontrol of Pest Molluscs: Biological control of slugs and snails in agriculture and horticulture using stable resting cysts (Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences).
- Antibacterial Se Nanoparticle Team: New anti-bacterial selenium nano-particle to treat antibiotic-resistant bacteria (Melbourne School of Engineering).