Navigating the jungle gym and managing your career
The Women in Eng&IT Alumni Network would like to invite alumni, students and friends of The University to hear from a panel of industry experts about how they managed setbacks and achieved career success.
Did you know that your career is a business, and you are the product?
Depending on the statistic, it’s estimated that the average person will change careers 5-7 times during their working life. It’s likely that you will have several careers during your lifetime. Since professional development is no longer linear, it’s more important than ever to take charge of your future and lean in.
The panel will discuss:
• Top tips for career success and progression
• Career obstacles and setbacks in the workplace and how to overcome them
• Saying yes or no to new opportunities
• How to “re-launch” your career
• Is entrepreneurship a career path for you?
• Importance of diversity in the workplace
• The value of male champions of change
• Finding and getting the most our of your mentor.
You can submit a question to the panel during the registration process.