Melbourne Knowledge Week 2022 EOI Information Session - UOM & MC
We are pleased to bring the Melbourne Knowledge Week team to the University of Melbourne, to present an info session about applying and participating in the 2022 Knowledge Week Festival.
In the briefing we will cover
• Reasons why you should consider applying
• Stories of success from previous years
• Opportunity to present your event at Melbourne Connect
• A detailed walk through of the application process
• Your questions answered by a Melbourne Knowledge Week team member
For complete information about the festival, and to access the Application page, check out the official MKW application page:
More details about the 2022 Festival
MKW is a multi-format event covering a broad range of themes and event types. The key themes that will be explored during MKW 2022 include, but are not limited to:
Community + Culture
Events that highlight the culture, art, and other works of Melbourne’s broader community, or of a specific community within Melbourne.
Everything environmental – practical workshops on recycling; innovative presentations on new sustainability solutions; artistic and experimental provocations about our future earth, all welcome.
How do we allocate our resources here in Melbourne? Events could be by or about startups, local non-monetary exchange systems, new economic sectors or currencies. We’re especially interested in events about Melbourne’s knowledge economy.
What are the tools and processes we’re using and developing to solve challenges, improve quality of life, or just have fun? We love practical solutions and totally impractical experiments alike.
The event types that we are particularly interested in for 2022 include, but are not limited to:
- Aboriginal-led programming in any format (please note – this specifically refers to Aboriginal individuals or businesses planning and leading the event; this does not refer to non-Aboriginal people proposing events about Aboriginal content)
- Talks and panels (individual talks or series)
- Workshops (individual workshops or series)
- Interactive installations and exhibitions related to any of our themes (preferably activated with accompanying talks or workshops)
- Interactive daytime events for the weekend, including family-friendly events.
- Interactive installations and exhibitions with a specific focus on what our city streets will look like in the future – anything from prototypes of innovative construction materials to artistic provocations about the aesthetic of the future street.
- We’re happy to hear about event ideas for in-person, online, or hybrid events. We will also have some broadcast capability, especially for audio, and are interested to hear event ideas that would make use of these facilities.
Feel free to submit with an event that does not fit these themes or formats, if you feel there’s a theme that’s missing from this list, but still relates to Melbourne’s knowledge economy and our capacity to shape the future together.
MKW 2022 will again be certified carbon neutral and event partners will need to provide data to support this achievement. More information will be provided on what’s required at a later date.