Startups / Sustainability
MEC Masterclass | Sustainable Startups: Designing for a Circular Economy
Exploring the rise of reusability startups, from identifying a problem through to creating solutions that enable sustainable businesses.
Join us for this Masterclass brought to you by the Melbourne Entrepreneurial Centre presented as part of NGV Melbourne Design Week. We’ll explore how critical design thinking is for innovation especially when you’re solving social challenges.
Our expert panel includes:
- Rory McNeice, MAP Velocity Program Manager (Moderator)
- Rhianna Knight, Founder and Director, Team Timbuktu
- Roelof Vogel, Instructor, Innovation Practice Program, University of Melbourne
- Daniel Prohasky, CEO and Co-Founder, Curvecrete
We’ll chat through:
- As a product-led startup, how can you lean into or participate in the circular economy while tackling challenging and systemic issues?
- Why do social innovators need design thinking, and how does it lead to lasting solutions for social problems?
- What is the importance of applying the design thinking process to achieve a sustainable startup?
12:30 pm | Welcome and introductions
12:40 pm | Panel discussion
1:10 pm | Audience Q & A
1:30 pm | Event concludes
We look forward to seeing you there.
– The Melbourne Entrepreneurial Centre Team