Business / Creativity / Technology
MAP Velocity Showcase 2021
You are invited to attend the first MAP21 Velocity Showcase!
When: Thursday 17 June 2021 at 5.30pm
Where: Online broadcast (details to be supplied closer to the date)
Join us on Thursday 17 June as we celebrate the next generation of early stage founders from the first of two 2021 Velocity programs, MAP’s highly sought-after pre-accelerator program.
Velocity is a 10-week program for early-stage founders, focused on customer discovery and market validation. With the support of LaunchVic, MAP is running two Velocity programs in 2021. The digital-only first cohort has allowed founders to participate in the program wherever they might be located in Victoria.
For the past 3 months, the MAP21 Velocity program has supported 41 founders from 21 teams who have taken part in a series of immersive workshops. They’ve worked hard to take the next steps to realising their startup goals with the expert assistance of the MAP team.
On the night, we’ll hear from 10 standout teams who have completed Velocity about how their businesses have evolved and where to next.
Velocity helps founders speed up their search for problem-solution fit and discovery of first customers. The program blends startup and impact methodologies to create traction for early stage startups. The experience comprises a structured workshop series that is augmented by hot-desking, mentoring, and tactical coaching from the MAP team, Entrepreneurs-in-Residence and network of MAP mentors.
Learn about the Velocity Program on our website.
- 5:30 pm | MAP21 Velocity Showcase broadcast begins
- 6:30 pm | Founder Q&A begins
- 7:00 pm | Event concludes
Meet the teams:
- 3 Steps Away: Three Steps Away (3SA) is developing a new online platform that is part online course and part online community that provides a 3 step thought process to help students tackle solving the world’s most pressing problems.
- AIBUILD: AIBUILD has developed an innovative machine-learning fall prevention system which can be used to effectively predict, detect and reduce patient falls in both aged-care facilities and hospitals.
- Collabor8 ThinkSpace: Collabor8 ThinkSpace is creating a facilitation app that uses structured design thinking frameworks to increase the productivity of virtual meetings.
- Fan Tipper: Fan Tipper is a digital gratuity service that allows people to leave a digital tip, a message of support, and share their positive experience via social media. It facilitates a return to the customer-led initiative of leaving a gratuity.
- Girls Trade: Girls Trade is revolutionising the fashion industry by building a marketplace and community for women to trade clothing.
- Linkmate: A social enterprise devoted to mental wellness by connecting people with peers and community services for empathetic and personalised support.
- Nextround: Nextround is the digital prepaid voucher platform that connects customer’s corporate and personal budget to local hospitality businesses – you can now send a thank you with a coffee from a local cafe.
- talkingbirth: An accessible maternity tool supporting women to partner with primary care providers for shared decision making throughout pregnancy, birth and early parenting.
- Vleet: Pioneering simple, no wait, self-service car rental.
- Yabi Medical: An innovative, accurate and automated method for monitoring and escalating surgical drain output.