Entrepreneurship / Startups
2022 MAP Velocity Showcase
Join the Melbourne Entrepreneurial Centre (MEC) on Wednesday 8 June in the Forum at Melbourne Connect as they celebrate the next generation of early stage founders from the first of two 2022 Velocity programs, MAP’s highly sought-after pre-accelerator program.
Velocity is a 10-week program for early-stage founders, focused on customer discovery and market validation. With the support of LaunchVic, MAP is running two Velocity programs in 2022. The digital-only cohort has allowed founders to participate in the program wherever they might be located in Victoria.
For the past 3 months, the MAP22 Velocity program has supported 33 founders from 26 startups who have taken part in a series of immersive workshops. They’ve worked hard to take the next steps to realising their startup goals with the expert assistance of the MAP team.
On the night, we’ll hear from 10 standout founders who have completed Velocity about how their businesses have evolved and where they’re headed next.
- 5:30 pm | MAP22 Velocity Showcase begins
- 6:30 pm | Networking, drinks and canapés
- 7:30 pm | Event concludes
Meet the teams
- Andromeda is using social robotics to improve the well-being of residents in aged-care facilities.
- Brave Feet is a kids footwear brand designed for feet by feet. Looking after kids and the world two feet at a time.
- ChapterUp provides virtual mental health group support, to help people get through tough times and get ready for the next Chapter of their life.
- Eventivity Pty Ltd is an online platform connecting businesses and consumers in the events, travel, and recreational activity industries
- Homely Eatz lets you buy home cooked meals from certified and verified home cooks with peace of mind.
- Safee enables Owner Drivers and Single-Truck businesses run a safe, compliant, productive, and profitable operations.
- Tunarch is reinventing architectural cataloguing for designers, recruiters & real estate clients for a value-based collaboration.
- UpSol is a renewable energy focused social enterprise that at it’s core aims to reduce energy poverty in remote communities and disaster relief, while also addressing the power needs of major corporations in the mining, agriculture and constructions sectors.
- Vimi is an online video production workflow solution that lets organisations create agency-level videos at a fifth of the price.
- Wilderlands helps individuals and businesses make a direct and lasting impact on Australia’s unique biodiversity.
Learn more about our first Velocity cohort of 2022 here.
Velocity helps founders speed up their search for problem-solution fit and discovery of first customers. The program blends startup and impact methodologies to create traction for early stage startups. The experience comprises a structured workshop series that is augmented by hot-desking, mentoring, and tactical coaching from the MAP team, Entrepreneurs in Residence and network of MAP mentors.
Learn about the Velocity Program on our website.